Crawl Space Insulation Services in Myrtle Beach, SC
Have a Crawl Space? You May Have Big Problems.
As a homeowner, you want to protect your house from long- and short-term damage. Hiring ABS Coastal Insulating for your crawl space insulation project is a great way to do so.
Crawl spaces are susceptible to moisture and deterioration problems. As moisture rises from humid soil and into your crawl space, it can create an environment that is perfect for mold growth. Damp or wet crawl spaces are also a haven for pests — something all property owners want to avoid.
ABS Coastal Insulating offers free estimates for insulating a crawl space in Myrtle Beach, and we will recommend the best solution for your home.
The Benefits of Crawl Space Insulation
We understand how to insulate a crawl space and we know how to communicate our expertise to our customers. Insulating a crawl space has a variety of benefits, any of which will enhance the living conditions in your home.
- Comfort: An ideal home is one that functions as intended, where each room’s temperature matches the thermostat. An uninsulated crawl space can create drafty or cold areas. Crawl space insulation can help address these issues.
- Air Quality: Dirt, dust, mold, moisture, and pests all contribute to poor indoor air quality. Crawl space insulation helps prevent these issues — and their related health concerns.
- Energy Efficiency: When a crawl space isn’t insulated, unconditioned air can flow into the home through penetration points in the floor. This causes the HVAC to work harder, which increases energy bills. Crawl space insulation helps regulate the under house atmosphere.
- HVAC System Health: Forcing your HVAC system to work overtime puts a burden on your appliances. Insulating a crawl space can preserve the health of the unit.
Crawl Space Insulation Techniques
The principles of crawl space insulation may be universal but, because no two buildings are the same, we approach each job with a solution tailored to your needs. Some of the following techniques may be used to properly insulate a crawl space:
- Drainage Systems: Excess moisture often resides in crawl spaces. Installing a drainage system to facilitate the removal of water can help combat the problem.
- Crawl Space Wall Insulation: If your crawl space walls are the culprit, consider insulating them with highly rated materials. We offer a variety of solutions.
- Crawl Space Ceiling Insulation: If you choose to encapsulate your crawl space, spray foam crawl space insulation will be applied to the ceiling. This will help prevent damp air from infiltrating your home’s living space.
- Vapor/Moisture Barriers: Moisture barriers help prevent moisture accumulation.
Crawl Space Insulation in Myrtle Beach
ABS Coastal Insulating has years of experience installing crawl space insulation for our customers. In addition to crawl space insulation in Myrtle Beach, SC, we also install attic insulation, perform air sealing, apply spray foam insulation, and more for both residential and commercial clients. Contact us today for a free estimate.